Paleo Chocolate Pudding
Sometimes I want something dessert-esque. Nothing overly sweet and nothing I can’t throw together quickly. This requires like a minute of your time (plus more for refrigeration). Also, it’s full of healthy fats and only lightly sweetened with dates. If there is such thing as a healthy dessert (that isn’t fruit), than this is it. This pudding is a powerhouse of nutrition. Seriously, just google chia seeds!
This recipe contains no gelatin so along with being paleo, it is also vegan! When chia seeds
are soaked in liquid, they take on gelatin like properties, and that is how the coconut milk becomes pudding. Also, no dates? Use your favorite sweetener. Duh
Recipe: Chocolate Pudding
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (I use Thai Kitchen)
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (depends on taste)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 dates, pitted (I try to use as little sugar as I can get away with, so feel free to use more to taste.)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- (optional) a couple of drops of vanilla stevia
- pinch of salt
- Put everything and blender and the crap out of it. You don’t want any little chia seeds hanging around.
- Place in the fridge to set the pudding. The longer it’s in there, the more gelatin qualities it will take on. I ate some after 2 hours (my photo), and it was great, but I wanted it a little more set. I think my perfect time was around 6 hours.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and bananas! YUM!
Microformatting by hRecipe.